88m3/month – In the state of Bahia, the Federal Highway Police (PRF) seized more than 700 cubic meters of illegally transported wood in the 8 month period ending August 31, 2020. This breaks down to 88m3 per month.
Here are a few of the incidents:
- Aug-12 Eucalyptus logs transported illegally in Itabuna
- Aug-07 46m3 of illegally transported lumber seized in Barreiras
- Aug-06 18m3 of illegally transported wood including Ipe and Garapeira flooring seized in Barreiras
- Aug-03 25m3 of illegally transported lumber seized in Senhor do Bonfim
- Jul-30 38m3 of Cupiúba, Mahogany, Cedrorana, and Quarubatinga lumber seized in Capim Grosso
- Jul-05 35m3 of illegal Angelim, Sapucaia, and Jarana lumber seized in Senhor do Bonfim
TIMBERCHECK™ helps you buy good wood. Join.