88m3/month – In the state of Bahia, the Federal Highway Police (PRF) seized more than 700 cubic meters of illegally transported wood in the 8 month period ending August 31, 2020. This breaks down to 88m3 per month.
Here are a few of the incidents:
- Aug-12 Eucalyptus logs transported illegally in Itabuna
- Aug-07 46m3 of illegally transported lumber seized in Barreiras
- Aug-06 18m3 of illegally transported wood including Ipe and Garapeira flooring seized in Barreiras
- Aug-03 25m3 of illegally transported lumber seized in Senhor do Bonfim
- Jul-30 38m3 of Cupiúba, Mahogany, Cedrorana, and Quarubatinga lumber seized in Capim Grosso
- Jul-05 35m3 of illegal Angelim, Sapucaia, and Jarana lumber seized in Senhor do Bonfim
For more reports on illegal wood flows check out Illegal Wood Statistics. To explore illegal wood risks in this area visit the Timber Risk Map.
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn then Join Us.
TIMBERCHECK™ helps you buy good wood. Join.
Leave a Reply