The Timber Risk Report™ is a weekly update on risk-events posted to the Timber Risk Map. These events represent legal risks in wood product supply chains. While they do not represent crimes (unless explicitly stated), they provide timely information so that buyers of wood products can adequately conduct due diligence. To get alerts as they are posted, you can customize location-based alerts here. A weekly newsletter is also provided to members of TimberCheck. Join.
- Nine companies suspended and 540m3 of illegal wood seized in Marcelândia Aug-29 Brazil
- 26m3 of illegal lumber seized in Rondonópolis Aug-28 Brazil
- Truckload of lumber seized in Ji-Paraná Aug-28 Brazil
- 445m3 of logs and lumber seized in bust of alleged illegal logging network in Amapá Aug-27 Brazil
- 16m3 of illegal wood seized in Rio Branco Aug-27 Brazil
- Truckload of illegal logs seized in Santa Cruz do Xingu Aug-26 Brazil
- 37m3 of illegal wood including Vochysia sp. seized in Pontes e Lacerda Aug-25 Brazil
- 30m3 of illegal lumber seized in Rondonópolis Aug-25 Brazil
- 6 arrested for illegal logging in the Vale do Guaporé Indigenous Reserve Aug-24 Brazil
- Large quantities of logs seized in sawmill inspections near Ariquemes Aug-24 Brazil
- 16 members of alleged illegal wood trafficking network arrested in Madre de Dios Aug-25 Peru
- 53m3 of Balsa wood seized in Churubamba Aug-23 Peru
- 200m3 of Serebó, Ochoó, and Yesquero Negro logs seized near San Pablo Aug-24 Bolivia
- 11m3 of Roble harvested illegally near Betel Emanuel Aug-24 Bolivia
Is this information useful? Be part of the Timber Risk Map.
TIMBERCHECK™ helps you buy good wood. Join.
Header photo: SEDAM