Concerned about illegal wood, or wood originating from illegal logging and deforestation entering your supply chains?
Then here’s some timely information on legal risks in wood product supply-chains. You can also sign-up to use our location-based alert system. (Here’s seven reasons to make it part of your wood buying process.)
- Feb-16 41m3 of wood seized in Cartagena del Chairá Colombia
- Feb-16 Truckload of illegal Afzelia logs seized in Uduruji Uganda
- Feb-15 40m3 of illegal wood seized in Santa Maria do Pará Brazil
- Feb-15 26m3 of illegal wood seized in Marabá Brazil
- Feb-15 6 truckloads of wood seized in Ijebu Igbo Nigeria
- Feb-14 Truckload of logs seized in Tailandia Brazil
- Feb-14 20m3 of lumber seized in Tailandia Brazil
- Feb-14 28m3 of Sucupira timber logged illegally in Barra do Garças Brazil
- Feb-13 35m3 of wood seized in and around Bananito Sur Costa Rica
- Feb-13 Official convicted of illegally logging 205m3 of timber in Konevsky Russia
- Feb-12 17m3 of Garapa lumber seized in Nova Santa Helena Brazil
- Feb-12 28m3 of wood seized in Nova Santa Helena Brazil
- Feb-12 Truckload of logs seized near Sibu Malaysia
- Feb-12 600m3 of wood without legal documents seized in Zhytomyr Ukraine
- Feb-12 53m3 of wood seized in Coxim Brazil
- Feb-12 Two illegal logging camps dismantled in Porto de Moz Brazil
- Feb-12 Truckload of Pine logs seized in Rio Negrinho Brazil
- Feb-11 Truckload of logs seized in Kuala Kangsar Malaysia
- Feb-11 9m3 of lumber seized in Sungai Gelam Indonesia
- Feb-11 Illegal logging and transit of Lapacho logs reported in Itakyry Paraguay
- Feb-11 Sawmill closed and fined US$68,000 in Manacapuru Brazil
- Feb-09 Illegal logging of Sonokeling Rosewood confirmed in Palama Indonesia
- Feb-09 1,700 logs seized near Long Mio Malaysia
- Feb-09 Logging machinery seized in El Impenetrable Argentina
- Feb-09 160ha of forest logged illegally in Almirante Brown Argentina
- Feb-09 5 arrested for alleged illegal logging in Igarapé Lourdes Indigenous Land Brazil
- How much illegal wood is really out there? – A reference cataloging the data about the volumes of illegal wood being reported.
- What is Remote Timber Harvest Verification™? – Remote Timber Harvest Verification™ is a service provided by TIMBERCHECK™ that allows you to see recent satellite views of timber harvest locations.
- In Brazil many years pass between the time illegal deforestation occurs and law enforcement – Shortening the time between illegal deforestation and law enforcement can reduce illegal wood from entering supply chains.
- 5 ways illegal logs enter wood product supply chains – There are at least five ways in which illegal logs enter wood product supply chains.
- 7 reasons the Timber Risk-Map™ should be part of your wood buying process – Certifications and audits are based on information that is already in the past. They don’t tell you about your current risk.
- Using TIMBERCHECK™ to monitor your wood supply-chains – Learn how to easily adjust your map settings to receive alerts when a new risk occurs near your wood product supply-chain.
TIMBERCHECK™ helps you buy good wood. Join.
Stay up to date on legal risks in wood product supply chains with the Timber Risk-Map™.
Header photo: Sarah Worth