Concerned about illegal wood, or wood originating from illegal logging and deforestation entering your supply chains?
Then here’s some timely information on legal risks in wood product supply-chains. You can also sign-up to use our location-based alert system. (Here’s seven reasons to make it part of your wood buying process.)
- Feb-08 Tzalam logs seized near Xpujil Mexico
- Feb-08 Truckload of Afzelia logs seized in Moyo Uganda
- Feb-07 Two arrested and machinery seized for illegal logging in Nova Ubiratã Brazil
- Feb-07 Two arrested on charges of illegal logging of Merbau in Roho Indonesia
- Feb-06 7m3 of wood seized in Cartagena del Chairá Colombia
- Feb-06 Suspect arrested in the illegal felling of 1,500m3 of Spruce, Pine, Birch and Aspen Russia
- Feb-06 100m3 of Merbau lumber seized in Salawati Barat Indonesia
- Feb-05 211 wood timbers seized in Sungai Tohor Indonesia
- Feb-05 Owner of lumber company in Apuí sentenced to 4 years in prison Brazil
- Feb-05 17m3 of Pine wood seized near San Luis de Otavalo Ecuador
- Feb-04 Illegal logging confirmed near Vila do Arco Íris Brazil
- What is Remote Timber Harvest Verification™? – Remote Timber Harvest Verification™ is a service provided by TIMBERCHECK™ that allows you to see recent satellite views of timber harvest locations.
- In Brazil many years pass between the time illegal deforestation occurs and law enforcement – Shortening the time between illegal deforestation and law enforcement can reduce illegal wood from entering supply chains.
- 5 ways illegal logs enter wood product supply chains – There are at least five ways in which illegal logs enter wood product supply chains.
- 7 reasons the Timber Risk-Map™ should be part of your wood buying process – Certifications and audits are based on information that is already in the past. They don’t tell you about your current risk.
- Using TIMBERCHECK™ to monitor your wood supply-chains – Learn how to easily adjust your map settings to receive alerts when a new risk occurs near your wood product supply-chain.
Header photo: Christina Sicoli